What does the Philippine Society of Medical Oncology do?
The Philippine Society of Medical Oncology is a non-profit non-governmental organization with the vision to: To be an internationally recognized organization of competent and compassionate medical oncologists inspired and committed to integrate a multidisciplinary approach to the optimal care of the Filipino cancer patient.
Its mission is to:
- Actively pursue the standards of excellence in the society and practice of Oncology
- Undertake research that will foster the development and advancement of Oncology
- Provide opportunities for continuing medical education and further professional development of its members
- Educate the public at large and allied medical specialties on the holistic approach to care of cancer patients and their families
- Nurture fellowship and encourage openness and cooperation among its members
- Promote the interests and welfare of its members
What types of services does the Philippine Society of Medical Oncology offer?
- Cancer advocacy/information dissemination/teaching;
- Cancer outreach programs;
- Support cancer research initiatives;
- Foster multidisciplinary partnership for holistic cancer care;
- Connect/link to agencies that could help patients obtain financial help
How to contact the Philippine Society of Medical Oncology?
Where to find your nearest Medical Oncologist/ Cancer Specialist?
Please visit our “Find A Doctor” page and use the doctors search by clicking here
What are the agencies that supply Financial Assistance / Medical Assistance and how do I apply?
Please visit the “Patient Support” page for a range of providers/options, by clicking here.